How can you set goals that you can reach?
When you want to set goals, it is important to make sure that you are setting goals that can make you successful. Goals help you to build your mind map and without goals, it is hard to succeed.
The hardest part about setting goals is that not all goals are the same and when you choose goals that do not help you, it can cause you more trouble than it’s worth.
When we set goals for ourselves, they are based on what we believe and our values. In order to set goals that work for us, we have to set good goals from goals that are not so good.
Today, I am going to tell you how you can check the goals that you have set for yourself.
When using NLP or neuro-linguistic programming, we learn to get feedback with this method.
Looking at your goals
When a person is ready to make a goal, they will do that because they want to be successful. The problem is that when goals are not reasonable, they will cause you more problems than you have, and they will take a lot of energy and time.
In order to make sure this doesn’t happen; you need to look at your goals and follow these tips:
- Is my goal a positive or negative goal?
When someone makes a good goal, it needs to be positive such as:
- -Lose 40 pounds in a four-month period.
- -Find a job that pays better and that is close to my home.
- -Learn a new hobby.
- -Learn to paint professionally in a years’ time.
When goals are said in a positive manner, it helps you to find the solutions and helps you to reach your goal.
- Did I make the goal myself and does it work only for me?
Some goals like weight loss goals or quitting a bad habit work when other people are involved. If you are told that you need to lose 100 pounds to make you healthy, you might not try for the goal because someone else told you to do it.
In order to be successful with a goal, you need to make sure it is a goal that you set yourself. You have to figure out how to accomplish the goal and how to make the goal yours and not someone else’s.
- How will I know if I was successful with my goal?
When you set goals that are reasonable, you have to have a set time. Without a set time, the goal will be unattainable, and you will not know if you have succeeded or not.
A goal needs to have a set time and have the following:
- -Something positive about the goal.
- -What do you do to achieve the goal.
- -How long or what is expected of the goal.
- How do I know how powerful my goal is?
A goal that is worth having is important. Just like in writing, you need to ask yourself the five W’s, the who, what, where, when, and why of the goal. Once you decide if the goal is attainable, then you can move forward and try to reach that goal.
- Is the goal able to be met with what I have?
All goals need certain resources to be met. If you do not know what resources you need, you cannot accomplish your goal.
You will either need to start the goal idea over or figure out what resources you need. Once you decide what resources you need, you need to follow these tips:
- -Identify what resources you have.
- -Identify what resources you need but don’t have.
- -Believe that you can get these resources.
- -Start meeting your goal!